Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 46 & Thankful day 8

Have you tried FiberOne strawberry yogurt?  Yummmm!!
It's only 50 calories, has 5 grams of fiber and seriously tastes great!!
Once for a dessert, my husband and I each had one of their keylime yogurts and topped it with a bag (we split a 100 calorie pack bag) of crushed LornaDoons. It was like having guilt free keylime pie!

I've added some toning exercises to my repetoire; mainly focusing on abs.  I'd like to do more arm work but I have injured my right elbow somehow.  Just when it starts to feel better, whamo, I reach for something or over-extend it and it's back to square one. My husband thinks it's Tennis Elbow, which I find such a funny name considering less than 5% of the cases are actually caused by playing tennis.
In any case, havent been able to do much arm toning, and the abs don't exactly look like Jillian Michaels, but it's less Jello like than in previous times.

I'm up a 1/2 a pound this week.  Frustrating... I need to get my but in gear!  Seriously!!! I did have some NSV this week though in the form of compliments. Those always feel good.  But what didn't feel good was how I felt when I attended a Pampered Chef show with my niece who was the consultant.  Everyone was nice, the show went terrific, but at one point as I stood drying a cutting board I noticed that I was the largest woman there. I soooo know that I should not be comparing myself to any person for any reason, but I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that I noticed and it felt lousy.  I know I've done great. 42 pounds down is nothing to be discouraged about.  But I was really... well.. disappointed in myself.  I should have lost more at this point in time.  Also, I feel.. frumpy.  I don't want to be a frump.  I need to start reminding myself that 'its' time' to take care of myself.  Not in a selfish way.  But if I don't feel good, it will reflect in all I do.

Rather than continue down this road and ultimately beat up on myself, I'll turn my thoughts to what I am thankful for today.
Today I am thankful for my cork board.  What??  Yes.  I have a little cork board in my office/craft room where I have quite the eclectic array of items posted.  I have a tiny piece of art work I did that I like.  There's a little article from one of our church newsletters about our last women's event.  There are several Bible verses up there; some are hand written, some are on pass-it-on cards, others typed out on nice paper, but all very meaningful.  There's a prayer card/support envelope for friends of ours who are missionaries in Senegal - I have this up to remember to pray for them and as a reminder to trust that some day God will enable us to give financially to their mission.  There's a drawing my older son made me for Mother's Day last year.  And then there are the occassional items that come and go such as contact information for new ladies who join our church so I can pray for them and make sure they are notified of all of the opportunities we have for the women to fellowship, worship and grow in the Lord.  Its a simple thing this board. But I am thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment