Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful ~ Celebrate!

"I AM THANKFUL" Challenge ~ Day 13

Today I am thankful for celebrations of all kinds!

Today we celebrated my oldest sister's 50th  BIG birthday!  Most of my family was there, even those from up north. Ahya. There was cake and presents and the whole nine yards.
We caught up, laughed, ate, laughed, opened gifts, LAUGHED!!  My family is BIG on laughter in case you didn't catch that.  I am so thankful for my family and thinking today of my sister espeically (another post).  I was thrilled to celebrate the day God gifted us with her!!

But celebrations aren't just for big momentous occassions like a milestone birthday.  Writing that, it's making me think about how often we don't want to celebrate turning another year older.  Rather than thinking of aging, couldn't we just think of it as taking one day a year to celebrate someone's life? Life is a gift and worth celebrating!!
But there are other things to celebrate.  Things other than birthdays, wedding anniversaries, graduations, etc..  Celebrate a good report card to show your kids that you recognize their hard work, the beginning or completion of a home project, getting rid of your cast or crutches, welcoming a new member to a group, and something we here can all relate to ~ a scale or non-scale victory!  We should celebrate milestones on our healthy journey.  Reaching our first weight loss goal.  Fitting into those old jeans you never thought you'd get on yourself again.  Hey, somedays it's a victory to get through the week (or day) without raiding the baking cupboard!!  For me, I will be singing a major halleluja chorus when I can walk up to a ride without any fear that I won't be able to buckle a belt and have to miss out on a great memory with my kids.

So make time to celebrate!!!
Thank you Lord for every good and perfect gift is from you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment