Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already here!
I swear the older I get the faster time flies.
This month I started a challenge called "I AM THANKFUL" where each appreciative participant was to post something that they were thankful for each day. (or, double up on a day or two when life just got too hectic)
Today is the last post for this challenge and today I am thankful for having people to love and people who love me back.  I am so blessed to have family and friends who I truly adore and I am secure in their love for me.  Talk about something that is priceless!!!
I am also thankful that I totally rocked my Thanksgiving eating!!!
I decided to skip sticking the cinnamon buns to my buns our usual holiday cinnamon buns and instead had some egg beaters and a turkey sausage for breakfast.  I ate a crunchy sweet cortland apple on my way to my in-laws so that I wouldn't have to struggle to resist the appetizers once there.  Then at dinner, I stuck to my plan and had 60% veggies, 20% protien and 20% carbs and washed it down with seltzer water.  But then... then it was time for my 'achilles heel' part of the day... dessert.  Any you know what?  I had one small sliver of pumpkin pie.  That's it!  Not even any whipped cream! Woo hoooo... Ok, but that still left dinner (as I didn't pig out at lunch, I was hungry come 6pm).  I had a little more of the egg beater dish I had made in the morning with another turkey sausage.  Then, let's face it, I needed a sweet to top it off with.  So this is where I fell apart, right?  No way chicas!  I had a fat free sugar free jello for a wopping 10 calories!  I think I'm stretching out my arm giving myself a pat on the back!  I stayed within my calorie range - on THANKSGIVING!!!  This was huge for me!!

How was your Thanksgiving?  I hope it was great!! But remember, even if you struggled, it was just one day, no worries!!  We all have off days but we get to start fresh with each sun rise, and that is something we can all be thankful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment