Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankful ~ hee hee hee

"I AM THANKFUL" Challenge ~ Day 14

Today I am thankful for laughter!
I love to laugh!! I love to make people laugh!  I love to hear people laughing!!  It's one of the best sounds in the world!
Isn't there a quote that goes, a day without laughter is a day wasted..?  Love that!
I am actually somewhat known for my laugh.  It's loud, nothing feminine or delicate about it.  If I find something truly funny, I throw back my head and laugh with abandon.  I've been known to not breath for a rediculous amount of time and there have been occassions where tears do not just stream down my face but literally leap from my eyes.  I've had sore cheeks and aching ribs and it's wonderful!

I don't know how I would have gotten through the hardest things I've gone through in life without laughter.  My sister closest in age to me wrote my mother's eulogy and in it one of the things she said my mum had left as her legacy is the gift of laughter.  She had passed it down to all of her children and specifically gave us the gift of being able to laugh at ourselves.  Not taking ourselves too seriously.  Thanks Mum!!

I hope you've all had a laugh today!!

3 comments:

  1. Love to laugh too!! I also am known for my laugh. My kids find me embarrassing, but that makes me laugh all the more.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of the most beautiful sounds. Love it!

    ReplyDelete