I'd like to thank the academy...
Um, actually, I'd like to thank Sam at Beleive In Yourself for honoring me with this 'Beautiful Blogger Award'. Thank you so much Sam! Not just for the award, but also for your wonderfully uplifting blog!
The rules that go along with this award are as follows:
1. Give this award to 7 bloggers. (hard as many I follow have already recieved this)
2. Share 7 things about myself you do not know.
I would like to bestow this award on the following blogtastic ladies (in random order):
1. Ashley @ The Opposite of Thin ( I can relate to a lot of what Ashley shares - especially her latest post about stress. She shares her very personal journey of working to become a mommy some day. I know all moms out there will cheer her on!!)
2. Natalia @ Embracing The Weight Loss Journey (Terrific blog about Natalia's journey to lose 150 pounds. Very inspiring!)
3. Heidi @ Believing in Me and Breaking Free (Fun, honest blog by this beautiful mom who shares tips, recipes and insight on her weight loss journey.)
4. Dawn @ Dawn's Rawsome Adventures (Hope this encourages you to make a new post my friend! I'd love to see you share your new challenges with the right diet for you.)
5. Margene @ Believing It's Possible (Wonderful blog about a couples journey to achieving their weight loss goals)
6. Katie & Katie @ ABC and 123 (Awesome cooperative learning blog for educating young children.)
7. Beth, Amanda & Melissa @ Living Proof Ministries (Love this blog by Beth Moore and her daughters ~ don't think she'll ever see the 'award' but hope you go there and feel encouraged.)
(Now add the 'award' to your blog and pay it forward. Please link back to me. Thanks!!)
1. I would seriously love to try to do the couch to 5K program. (I've been reading about so many folks who started this during their journey, not after they've lost the weight, so why can't I?) But... a) I do not have an iPod, b) don't know when I could possibly fit it in, c) not sure where I could run (maybe a local school). When things quiet down (mayhem here with the hubs doing the roof) I will try to make this work.
2. My favorite female literary character is Josephine March (Little Women). Love her spunk, sentimentality and humor! Favorite movie portrayal ~ June Allison in the 1949 version. (not super accurate to the book, but love it!)
3. I'm the women's ministry team leader at our church. The team and I organize/lead quarterly events, Bible studies and we held our first Ladies Retereat this past January. I have been the speaker at two events and will be doing another this fall. I love the Lord!
4. I've always wanted a 3rd child. Due primarily to finances, we've stayed at two wonderful boys. I adore them!! I really hate it when people say, "Oh, you want your girl." when I say that I'd like a 3rd. If the Lord had so blessed us, I would have been 100% happy with another boy (although a girl would have been fine too).
5. I have an irrational fear of...mold. There, I said it. It must be due to my love of food - it freaks me out to see it spoiled.
6. My favorite saying is - "Of those I like or admire, I can find no common denominator. Of those I love, I can. They make me laugh." author unknown
7. I am in serious need of a haircut!!!