Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Impossible"? No Way!

My friend makes this wonderful egg dish called the "Impossible Veggie Pie".  It's sort of like a cross between a quiche and an egg casarole.  I like egg dishes in general but my two complaints would be that the eggs are frequently a little runny and that they are super high in fat and calories.
But this pie is not runny because it uses a little Bisquick mixed in with the eggs.  It is hands down my favorite egg dish!!
So, how do I continue to enjoy this without it having to be a big splurge or only eating enough for one taste - which let's face it, would just be a tease!
It's time to make the "Impossible Pie" the "Possible Pie"!!  I went to work on it last night and it came out super eggcelent!!!  (even the hubs had no idea that I had lightened it up!)

Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Egg Beaters
1.5 Cups Milk (I use 1%)
3/4 Cups Bisquick Heart Health
2 Cups Broccoli (chopped and cooked until fork tender)
1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Cup Shredded Cheese (I used Reduced Fat Cheddar)

In a bowl mix onion, cheese and chopped & cooked broccoli until combined.  Put into a generously sprayed pie plate or baking dish.  In another bowl (or blender) mix egg beaters, milk and Bisquick until well blended.  Pour egg mixture over the veggies and cheese.  Bake in a 350 preheated oven for 40 - 50 minutes or until set and slightly golden.

Here's the nutritional info for the recipe above.  You can however add any kind and amount of veggies (my friend once made it with summer squash and it was terrific!!) and meats like sausage also work well.

Serving Size: 1/6  (this is a generous portion)
Calories: 148
Fat:  4.56
Protein:   10.4
Dietary Fiber:  1
Cholesterol:  13.25
Carbohydrates:  15.6


I sprinkled a little extra cheese on top.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm I totally wanna try this out but I don't have an oven! Will it work with a frying pan?..mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great question!! I bet it would actually. You may just need to cook it like scrambles eggs, but I should think it would.

    ReplyDelete