Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Feast For The Eyes As Well As The Stomach

The other night I was trying to decide what to make for dinner (you know, staring into he fridge expecting something to just jump out at ya), when I noticed that I had quite a bit of veggies in need of being cooked up.


So I pulled out carrots, broccoli, onion, zucchini, summer squash and red pepper. Hmm.. what to do what to do. I decided on stir fry. I love me a good stir fry!

I chopped up each yummy veggie and sautéed them in a pan while I had whole wheat pasta boiling and my good hubby outside grilling a little chicken. As I was tossing all of that jullianned goodness, I was suddenly struck with just how beautiful it was. The reds, greens, oranges and yellows were absolutely brilliant!

I have been working on a devotion this week that I'll be teaching this Saturday for the gals at church about finding beauty in our every day life. God gives us so much if we just take the time to notice. God interrupted my normal dinner time rush to show me the beauty in his creation. Isn't it amazing how He even made the things that we're just going to chew up and eat beautiful? He is amazing!!!

Please notice the blurred hand in this photo. That is my hungry husband drumming his fingers while his picture crazed wife stages a shot. Poor guy.

Have you found beauty in your everyday life?

It's time for me to find the beauty in a cup of tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment