Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Monday, April 26, 2010

A Day In The Bite -

I've been telling you all for a few weeks now that I wanted to take on a challenge I saw on SparkPeople (where I go to track my food and get great support and motivation - and it's free!) about tracking my food in pictures.  Well thus far, it hasn't happened.  Until today!

Here are my nutritional ranges for each day ~
calories: 1220 - 1570
fat: 35 - 57
carbs: 165 - 239
protein: 60 - 129

And here's how today looked...


BREAKFAST:

Impossible Veggie and Egg pie that I made the other day. This is about a 1/8 serving.  I also had a Yorkshire pudding with this but was too piggy to stop eating it and put it down for the photo.  I will actually admit to you all that I was chomping away on it as I took this photo.  Pathetic!!  Yorkshire by the way for you non-English folk (other Europeans make it too) is made of egg, milk and flour with a bit of drippings from roast beef.  It's savory and soooo yummy! Total comfort food for me as my mum made it for us at least every other Sunday growning up.  I put the batter into muffin tins to speed the cooking so my serving size was 1/12th.   Later in the am I had this Yoplait yogurt.  First time I tried the red velvet cake flavor.  Quite good.
Veggie Pie - 111 calories, 12 carbs, 4 fat, 8 protein
Yorkshire Pudding - 91 calories, 13 carbs, 3 fat, 2 protein
Yogurt - 100 calories, 19 carbs, 0 fat, 5 protein

LUNCH

For lunch I stared with a tossed salad made of iceburg and romaine lettuce, baby spinich, shreded carrot, super sweet grape tomatoes and a sliced light cheese stick.  I topped it with Good Seasons salad dressing prepared light (more water, less oil).  Then I had a bowl of Progresso Light Italian Vegetable soup.  I love Progresso soups!  I had one bowl right after the salad and then about 2 hours later I finished the can.  Tastey and filling lunch for low fat & calories!
Salad: 141 calories, 12 carbs, 11 fat, 10 protein
Soup (whole can): 120 calories, 28 carbs, 0 fat, 4 protein


SNACK
I saw this Pria bay by PowerBar at the grocery store yesterday and decided to give it a go.  Only 110 calories so I thought, why not?  Well let me tell ya why not... Not so great.  It wasn't totally nasty, but it was sort of... 'sawdustlike'.  Yes it did provide a sweet fix, but I'll look elsewhere for that next time.  Side note - I did try a Luna bar for the first time yesterday and that was scrumptious!!

Pria: 110 calories, 17 carbs, 3 fat, 5 protein




DINNER

I was looking forward to dinner all day! (yes, I pretty much still live from one meal to the next)  This is baked cod with Brummel & Brown and crumbled Town House crackers on top.  I have tried to strip this dish down to the lowest totals possible, but sometimes you need to decide what's worth cutting and what isn't.  In this case I found I couldn't go low fat butter substitute and low fat/calorie crackers - so I went with the butter substitute.  Then you can also see that I have roasted veggies on my plate (you all know how I feel about those sweet little colorful bundles of vitamins!!).  This time I have carrots, summer squash and zucchini.  Lastly, a little mashed potatoes.

Fish - 289 calories, 9 carbs, 15 fat, 10 protein
Potatoes - 162 calories, 37 carbs, 1 fat, 4 protein
Veggies - 55 calories, 13 carbs, 0 fat, 1 protein

EVENING SNACKS

I would love to tell you I indulge in carrots sticks or berries for my evening snacks but nope.  I need me some real sweet and or salty snacks whilst watching the small screen.  I had two snacks tonight, but could only control myself long enough to photograph one.  These are Nonni's Biscotti and they're excellent!  Love them with a cup of tea.  I had one.  Then I also had one - 100 calorie Swiss Roll.  Total indulgence!!

Biscotti - 110 calories, 17 carbs,  4 fat,  2 protein
Swiss Roll - 100 calories, 33 carbs, 8 fat, 2 protein


Let's review.. something is missing... hmm... FRUIT!!  Most unlike me!  I normally have a minimum of 2 pieces of fruit a day.  Oh well...

Here are my totals for the day:

Calories: 1389  (within range)
Carbs: 209 (within range)
Fat: 48 (within range)
Protein: 54 (under range)

The one I typically have trouble getting enough of is Protein, as you see today.  The one I normally have trouble not going over is Carbs.  This isn't a surprise to me.  I'm a total carb girl!!

Well  there you are folks.  This is what it looks like to eat within my ranges (almost - sorry protein!).  It's plenty of food - plenty of variety - and I can still have treats!  Jillian Michaels of Biggest Loser fame suggests that your diet be 80/20 - 80% healthy stuff, 20% treats.  I was pretty close to this today so I'm happy.

It's time to hit the hey.  Good night blog buds!

1 comment:

  1. I am new to your BLOG and it seems like you are doing an awesome job. I do WW with Sam, your follower from UT. You look way good from your original photo sitting at the computer desk. Keep going. you can come follow my Here we go...hold on tight blog if you want. I would love to have another weight loss friend. Chow!

    ReplyDelete