Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 4

The retreat was a big sucess!  Good time had by all.. including me!

I brought along my snacks, salad, water bottle, etc.  But, I also enjoyed myself.  I had pizza, I had a ceasar salad, and I even had one small bite of chocolate cake.  And you know what, that one bite satisfied me.  Seriously.  Because I knew that I could have a second, but that it was my choice not to. 

So all that was good for my health, true. But what was even better? I laughed. And I laughed a lot! I subjected all of those poor ladies to my horrible infectious loud laugh. Tears were streaming, the whole bit. And for me, few things make me feel better than laughter! 


So I walk away from the retreat with no regrets, no feelings of guilt and no feelings of being deprived.

I'm also walking away from week 3 with 2 less pounds.  That is a total of 14 lbs lost!! (and I ain't lookin' for them!)  Now I have started this week with a physical.  Boy do I know how to have fun!!  I was overdue though so I had to brave the needles, the scale, the poking and proding, and yes, the stirups!  It's so fun being a woman sometimes, isn't it?   That's another post for another time.

Week 4's goals: Try a new exercise tape - it's one from The Biggest Loser.  I'll let you know what I think after I've tried it a few times.  Keep striving for 8 hours of sleep a night (I'm trying, I'm trying).  Try to drink 8 - 8 oz. glasses of water a day, which will miraculously bring about 15 trips to the bathroom!

Right now it's time for me to stir the carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment