Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 2

Week 1 is done.

How'd I do on my goals?

Well as far as the mysterious phone calls go - they were made. I had a plan. Now the plan has to change. That's ok, I'm sure it's all for the best. So I did reach this goal, but it's now a goal for this week also.
I exercised! Not as much as I would have liked but I did discover that if I can't get my exercise in first thing in the morning, it wont happen. I need to get it in while getting two little guys going in the morning, bathed, dressed, fed, lunch packed, etc., plus prepare for my day care children - lesson plans, snacks, etc... But it is good to know what I need to do and I did exercise 4 days, so I'm happy with that.
I changed my eating habits. First, I changed what I was eating (I'll miss you all my sugary, fat, simple carbo friends! I'm sure I'll visit time and again...) and secondly how much I was eating. I knew my eating was bad - primarily because I'm an emotion eater. There isn't an emotion that I can't eat to! (happy - celebrate with food, sad - console myself with food, stressed - eat my tension away!, tired - eat to stay awake, I'm multi talented) But boy, I can't tell you how many times I caught myself about to just put some morsel or two in my mouth just as I walked by something or as I reached in the fridge for water. Crazy!
So I feel good at the close of week 1/beginning of week 2.

And the scale? Well the scale (my scale isn't great - you have to get on about 5 times and take an average - but I'm not 'scale driven' so I'm ok with it) says I'm down 8 lbs!! Not bad for week one!!

My goals for week 2:

1. Increase my exercise. I want to get in 2-3 days of strength training and 3-4 days of cardio (shooting for 30 min). I'm tired and sore just thinking about this, but I'm going to give it my all!

2. Get 7-8 hours sleep a night. Currently I average 4-5 hours a night. Not enough! I need to try to calm my mind before bed. Since my mum died in March of 2008 my mind just goes and goes... It's exhausting! :) Seriously though, it is. My plan is to try a little 10 - 15 minute devotional or at least scripture reading before bed.

It's time to begin week 2! (and stop the boys from 'destroying the empire')

No comments:

Post a Comment