Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Monday, January 3, 2011

1st Weekly Check-In of the Year!

Happy 2011 folks!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years, we sure did!!  In fact, a little too good if you know what I'm saying.  I swear the scale laughed at me this morning!!  Well the joke will be on the scale next Monday!! (and I don't mean me standing on it..)

I let myself go over the last few weeks, but I'm ready to get back to business and I'm feeling really good about it.  The thing with indulging with foods and getting off the exercise track is in the very short term you feel good.  You enjoy the flavors and the relaxation you may be basking in rather than getting some calories burned, but these pleasures are very short lived.

After a few weeks of this and I feel like a slug.  My energy is shot, my pants are tight, and I feel like a blob.  Not good.  Why would I choose that?  Seriously?

Well I'm ready to go back to my  'non-blobbiness'.  I started the day with a 1/2 cup of egg beaters, a slice of tomato, a 1/2 slice of cheese and a 1/2 of a sandwich thin.  Yummy, filling and nutritious and only 153 calories!  Great start to the day!

I am currently in the process of bloging about my word for the year.  I have done this for the past three years.  The first year my word was Simplify, then Organize and last year was of course, FIT.  Fit stood for many things but primarily I wanted to 'fit' myself back into my life and as a result this blog was born to help me to do that.

I would like to thank each of my readers, especially you gals who take the time once in a while to leave me a note of encouragement, support, suggestions and such - it means so much!!!
I'll be sure to post my new 'word' once I've finished writing.

Wishing you all much happiness, good health and success with all of your goals in the new year!!
God Bless!!
diane :)

It's Time for me to go volunteer at my older son's school....

1 comment:

  1. I think we all feel like blobs after Christmas. But we are all making fresh start. We can do it. Go us!!!

    ReplyDelete