Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 23

Happy Monday everyone!

Mondays are such a pivotal day of the week, aren't they?  Either you're dreading them, heading back to the ole' grind.  Or you're happy to see it come around as it is ushering in a welcomed fresh start.  Then in my case, it's 'the moment of truth', when I step on the scale to see how I've done over the past week. (Although, we all know that the scale is only one small piece of the health equation.)

However you are looking at this Monday, I hope it proves to be the beginning of a great week for you!!

Last week I finally, make that FINALLY, found my exercise mojo!  I did a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio on Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sunday.  Primarily I did the 2 mile 'walking' DVD by Leslie Sansone.  If you are not familiar with her program, it's called 'walking' but it's really more like low impact aerobics as you're doing knee lifts, kick backs, etc. with upper body movement as well.  What's nice is you can make it more or less intense by what you put into it.  I began by just following along, and not doing the arms several weeks back.  Now I do everything, plus add some extra umph by throwing in some moves from back in my days of living at the gym in my fluorescent short unitard with oversized tank shirt and matching scrunchie. (Ok, totally dating myself here!  Anyone remember those outfits?)  So if you're just getting started her program may be a great start for you.  It's also good for intermediate - and she has more intense programs that I want to check out.  I have a Biggest Loser DVD that I bought back in January that almost killed me after like 2 seconds 5 minutes.  I'd like to give this a try again and see if I can get through one 15 minute session.  I believe it's the 'Jump Start' program.  Watch out for anything that says 'jump start' because it really means you may need a difibulator to jump start your heart again! or at least have a tank of oxygen around.)

My water intake is right back in line!  Big surprise right?  Having trouble with getting enough water?  How much are you exercising?  The whole thing is a cycle.  If you exercise, then you get thirsty and need to drink more and nothing satisfies thirst better than water.  Then when it's time to eat, you're thinking there's no way you're blowing all of that hard work working out by eating a Twinkie. (Or whatever your Achillies heel is.  Mine is actually pretty much any kind of sweet/baked good.)  Another added benefit of exercise is it helps you to have more energy throughout the day, which then means that you're ready to sleep and you can't resist the call of the pillow at night.

Exercise was definitely the missing link for me.  I would love to say that I love to exercise now.  But I don't.  I'll keep doing it though as the benefits far exceed any negative feelings. If I were to greet my exercise session it morning it would sound something like, "Hello Newman."

Ok - so I have to share a supper duper huge success this week.  The hubs was talking about how he wished he had dropped some lbs by being up on the roof the previous week but he didn't lose anything at all.  He then said what he weighs.  For the first time like ever, I weigh less than him!!!!!  Most of my friends weigh considerably less than their husbands so I know this may not seem like a big deal to them, but it is to me!!  Yipppeee!!!

So last week I had gained 3 pounds, yikes!  This week, I have lost those 3 pounds!  So it's like losing a couple of weeks, but I'm cool with that.  I don't normally set a weight loss goal for myself, but I really would like to lose 2 pounds this week.  We'll see...

Week 23 goals:
Exercise at least 5 days
Track all food
Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
Minimum of 7 hours sleep a night
Pray more, stress less (making good progress on this)

It's time to get dressed.  I hope you all have a great week and make healthy choices!!

4 comments:

  1. What a positive and fresh start Monday! Yay for weighing less than your hubby! I too, have weighed MORE than my hubby most of our marriage until he gained a bunch of weight these last 4-5 years. But now I do weight less than him and that feels good because I am SO much shorter than him too! Good job on your weight loss!
    ~Margene
    http://www.believingitspossible.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Diane! It will take me a while to weigh less than Ed! That must be a great feeling!!! You are doing so well!!! I think we need an updated photo :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one aspect of my goals too. To weigh less than my husband. How do these things happen? Don't answer, I think I can guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting to weigh less than your husband! I have NO idea what my Tom weighs ... and I don't think he does either. We both know that he could stand to lose more than a few ... but he doesn't seem willing to do anything about it at this point. More than a little frustrating!

    ReplyDelete