Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 34 - WooHoo!

Last Thursday I went to a meeting that I had been invited to by my sister-in-law's sister (well that's a mouthful, especially when I've known her since I was 13 so she's more like family herself).  She has lost 64 pounds with WW and kept it off for like a year now!! Amazing, hugh?!  So she and another gal got together and invited some gals to come to another woman's home to talk about health and nutrition.  Oh, and some material motivation!!  I've started in on round two and here's how it goes...
We'll meet 5 times over an 8 week period.  We will weigh in (only one person will see our weight, phew) each of those 5 nights.  Each evening will have a topic based on health and wellness.  We will not follow any set program - some people are on WW, some use an on-line tool like Sparkpeople and others are just doing their own thing.  At the end of the 8 weeks the person who's lost the largest % of body weight will win a cash prize! (2nd and 3rd do as well)  Here's the really amazing part - the fee is just a one time payment of $20 per person.  So the gals running it are doing it for free!!  Can you imagine anyone doing anything for free these days?  How cool!!! 
Also, a lot of the gals are Christian wich is so nice because I won't have people look at me like I'm odd when I keep quoting, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  No siree!  Nope, they have plenty of other reasons to look at me like I'm odd, but that wont be the reason. : )
So we had yet another birthday this past weekend; my husbands.  We had a great weekend with..um.. great food.. But seriously, I really did quite well.  Yes, I had a piece of cake, but it was a small one (nothing to rival that ice cream from vacation that's for sure!!)  I was also out moving quite a bit.  But I am sad to say that I didn't get any cardio in : (  All in all I'd say I did ok last week.
What pray-tell was my scale going to reveal to me this morning?  Bad week the prior week, not too bad this... It could go up down or sideways...  Thankfully, amazingly, it went down!!!  Down by 4 pounds!!!
Do you know what this means???????????
40 POUNDS LOST!!! Yippeeeee!!!
So how am I going to celebrate?  Well honestly, I think the real celebration after so many tough weeks is the motivation it gave me to press on.  I went right down stairs and did my 30 minutes of cardio (to which I added weights might I add), and my eating and water intake have been great!  Praying these good vibes keep me truckin' on the healthy highway!!

This weeks goals:
 I want to get in at least 3 x 30 minute cardio workouts and I really want to get back to getting my 8 - 8 oz glasses of water a day!  I also want to improve my consistancy in tracking my food.

Prayer requests:
Continued ambition
Job
Women's Ministry activities (I head the Women's Ministry team at church and we're heading into our busy season - LOTS going on!!  FYI - In the Massachusetts area? I'll be speaking at a fun women's event at our church on Sept. 24th @ 7pm Contact me for info!

It's time for me to fetch my little man a snack. Me too I think. I'm gonna try FiberOne's new 90 calorie bars.  I'll let you know how they are.

I'm feeling great - hope you all are too!!!

4 comments:

  1. That's great! I am so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on losing 4 pounds! That is awesome and I bet it felt great. 40 pounds gone baby!!

    Your women's group that you described sounds fantastic. How motivational and supportive to get healthy. I'm so glad you have that!! And it's a bonus to be around others who also share your faith and values.

    Happy Birthday to your lucky man!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your reaching another milestone. 2/3rds of the way. Wow!


    Love the group and freedom to be yourself. I always felt out of place, a little weird at WW meetings *smile*

    ReplyDelete