Welcome! Thank you for joining me as I blog my 'weigh' to a healthier me. I pray I will be of encouragement to you to reach your goals! Please feel welcome to become a follower - I'd love the encouragement. If you add me to your blog roll, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes on the down low!

Be honest, your mouth is watering already, isn't it?!
As good as this looks, it tastes even better!!

Thank you so much Tracey for making these for me for my birthday and
for sharing your recipe with us all!!

Tracey's Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes:


Ingredients

1 pkg (2 layer size) of yellow cake mix (prepare using box directions... subsitituting Applesauce for oil (even subsitution) and using eggbeaters instead of eggs (1/4 C = 1 large egg).

1 cup cold milk (fat free is fine)

1 pkg vanilla instant pudding (fat free/sugar free)

1 1/2 cups thawed cool whip (fat free)

4 oz of semi sweet baking chocolate (Baker's Brand is is 4.5 grams of fat per oz)
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

Spray 24 medium muffin cups and fill with 3 tbsp of cake mix. Cook as directed. Cool for 10 minutes in pan then put on wire rack to cool completely.

As the cupcakes are cooling, pour milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mix and beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. Let it stand 5 minutes to thicken. As pudding thickens, using a serrated knife, cut the cupcakes in half horizontally. Gently stir ½ cup of the whipped topping into pudding mix. Spoon about 1 TBSP of mix onto bottom half of each cupcake and cover with the top.

Microwave the remaining 1 cup of whipped topping and chocolate squares on HIGH for 1 minute, stir, then again for 30 seconds. Stir well for about a min until it thickens a little! Frost each cupcake with approx 1 tsp of chocolate mix (using the backside of the spoon works best).
Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
 
I just entered every ingredient onto a spreadsheet and according to my calculations, here's the skinny on these cupcakes:
 
Calories ~ 112
Fat ~ 2
Carbs ~ 21
Dietary Fiber ~ <1
 
Thank you again Tracey for these super yummy cupcakes!!

3 comments:

  1. TY I am going to print this.smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of good lord ... I am soooooo going be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm those look fabulous!!!

    I found your link off of scale junkie. If you'd like to support my journey

    http://shrinkindeb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete